Text Line Editor Assignment1.zip (100.54 KB)
This program was created for the Data Structures course to demonstrate the use of a linked list.
This line editor loads the file, line by line, into a linked list which acts as a buffer. It will then display the currently selected line. The user can then enter a variety of commands that will perform various functions with the buffer including:
- Display all lines in the buffer.
- Delete a single line or a range of lines in the buffer.
- Insert a new line at a specific location in the buffer.
- Edit a specific line in the buffer.
- Quit the program saving all text in the buffer into a file with a name that was specified at the execution of the program.
The program also includes a help command (accessible using the H command).